Saturday 13 November 2010

No immunity from life!

Step forward all those who are perfect.   Please avoid the rush!  Being the trainer, being the service provider if you like does not make you immune from life itself.  The last bit my friend Jon sent me and it makes a lot of sense. I learn from everything I do, try to do and watch others do.  Anyone who is genuinely a 'good' speaker will know that this is something that is achieved through ongoing work.  Like the silverplate - it needs polishing, dusting and inspecting. If there is one thing I hope it is that I will never be arrogant enough to think I know it all.  I enjoy learning from my own efforts and from others.  Whatever you are good at, always try and find more learning opportunities, more challenges and be prepared to listen and accept that there are areas waiting for improvement.

My friend Jon was talking about hypnosis at the time. He was encouraging therapists to always accept that they need time for themselves as well as time for others. Use the words, the concept and apply it to anything that makes sense to you.   If you look after you, you will look after others better. 
Happy weekend!
Ian

No comments:

Post a Comment